MADISON, Wis. - Campaign finance reports show an Eau Claire Democrat who challenged Republican state Sen. Terry Moulton in last month's recalls spent about $35,000 in the weeks surrounding the election.
Kristen Dexter's reports for the period between May 22 and June 27 show she spent $34,705 and raised $43,552. Since January, she spent $216,612 and raised $229,961.
Moulton, of Chippewa Falls, defeated Dexter in the June 5 election. His reports show he spent $76,736 and raised $22,640 during the reporting period. He has spent $248,936 and raised $109,802 since January.
Democrats forced the governor, Moulton and four other GOP officeholders into recalls as payback for passing a law that stripped public workers of nearly all their union rights.
- Wisconsin Republicans celebrate in D.C. ahead of Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin's congressional delegation prepares for Trump administration
- Inauguration has special meaning for one Wisconsin resident
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Wisconsin legislators propose new gun crimes
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads