MADISON, Wis. - Campaign finance reports show an Eau Claire Democrat who challenged Republican state Sen. Terry Moulton in last month's recalls spent about $35,000 in the weeks surrounding the election.
Kristen Dexter's reports for the period between May 22 and June 27 show she spent $34,705 and raised $43,552. Since January, she spent $216,612 and raised $229,961.
Moulton, of Chippewa Falls, defeated Dexter in the June 5 election. His reports show he spent $76,736 and raised $22,640 during the reporting period. He has spent $248,936 and raised $109,802 since January.
Democrats forced the governor, Moulton and four other GOP officeholders into recalls as payback for passing a law that stripped public workers of nearly all their union rights.
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Abortion coverage restriction bill for state workers advances