MADISON, Wis. - The law firm hired by Republicans when they controlled the state Senate has turned over files related to work they did redrawing political boundaries in the state.
New Democratic state Senate Majority Leader Mark Miller asked for the files once Democrats took control of the Senate earlier this month. Miller's spokeswoman Carrie Spring said the file was delivered Friday and it will be made public as Miller promised.
Republican leaders worked in secret with the Michael Best & Friedrich firm to create the new boundaries last year. The law firm was paid $431,000 for its work.
The Legislature is charged with redrawing political lines, or redistricting, every 10 years. Republicans in control of the Legislature last year redrew the lines in their favor.
- Cheesehead-wearing Wisconsinite joins people from across country at inauguration
- Rep. Pocan volunteers instead of attending inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Wisconsin Republicans celebrate in D.C. ahead of Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin's congressional delegation prepares for Trump administration
- Inauguration has special meaning for one Wisconsin resident