MADISON, Wis. - Republican Gov. Scott Walker is slated to join Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and others scheduled to speak at a meeting of a national conservative lobbying group in March.
Walker is just one of several prominent speakers scheduled to appear at the Conservative Political Action Conference organized by the American Conservative Union between March 14 and March 16.
Also scheduled to speak are Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.
The American Conservative Union said the three-day meeting will include speeches, policy discussions and networking opportunities focused on "smaller government, a strong national defense and traditional American values."
- Reaction mixed to Walker's welfare reforms
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- State Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'