Gov. Scott Walker plans to meet with the three major bond rating agencies during a trip to New York City.
Walker plans to meet Wednesday with Moody's Investors Services, Fitch Ratings and Standard and Poor's.
Walker said he plans to make a pitch to the agencies that Wisconsin's budget is on firmer ground after changes he pushed last year now require nearly all public workers to contribute more toward their pension and health care costs.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Governor says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Committee approves bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin