KENOSHA, Wis. - Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan took a break from debate preparation to spend time with his family.
Ryan, his wife and their three kids went to Sturtevant on Sunday to pick pumpkins and eat caramel apples. He and his wife then stopped at Tenuta's Delicatessen in Kenosha and bought spices for venison sausage-- in case he bags a deer.
His last stop was at a Columbus Day dinner hosted by the Italian Americans Society of Kenosha in Kenosha.
When asked how preparations for Thursday's debate with Vice President Joe Biden were going, he joked: "What debate?"
Ryan's visit comes as Mitt Romney continues to fight for ground with only a month to go. A Marquette University Law School poll last week showed President Barack Obama with an 11-point lead.
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- State Senate passes bill to help cheese plant
- Ryan on Trump differences: 'We have already agreed on our agenda'
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Ryan says he's 'on the same page' with Trump