APPLETON, Wis. - U.S. Rep. Ron Kind said Wisconsin Democrats should be proud of their efforts to force recall elections, even if Republicans ended up with major victories.
The Democratic congressman was a guest speaker Friday at the Wisconsin Democratic Party's convention in Appleton.
He acknowledged that attendees are still discouraged about Tuesday's recall results, in which Gov. Scott Walker and four other Republicans survived recalls.
But, Kind told attendees, "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing."
He said after talking to voters, he's convinced that Democrats lost only because people felt this wasn't an appropriate use of the recall process. But, he said things will turn around in November.
Kind said Democrats should take a short break to recharge their batteries, but come back ready to continue the fight.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Governor says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Committee approves bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin