MADISON, Wis. - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is headed to Seattle on Thursday and New York City later this month.
Walker will be attending a Sept. 23 fundraiser in New York City for the Republican National Committee along with three other potential 2016 presidential candidates. That event is being hosted by RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and Jets owner Woody Johnson.
Walker is scheduled to be joined at the fundraiser by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul.
The event Thursday is a fundraiser for the Washington Policy Center, a conservative think tank in that state.
Local union members and other activists in Seattle are scheduling a protest of Walker's appearance there, saying his "divisive anti-labor, job-killing, environment-damaging policies aren't welcome in Washington."
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- State Senate passes bill to help cheese plant
- Ryan on Trump differences: 'We have already agreed on our agenda'
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Ryan says he's 'on the same page' with Trump