MADISON, Wis. - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is headed to Seattle on Thursday and New York City later this month.
Walker will be attending a Sept. 23 fundraiser in New York City for the Republican National Committee along with three other potential 2016 presidential candidates. That event is being hosted by RNC Chairman Reince Priebus and Jets owner Woody Johnson.
Walker is scheduled to be joined at the fundraiser by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sens. Marco Rubio and Rand Paul.
The event Thursday is a fundraiser for the Washington Policy Center, a conservative think tank in that state.
Local union members and other activists in Seattle are scheduling a protest of Walker's appearance there, saying his "divisive anti-labor, job-killing, environment-damaging policies aren't welcome in Washington."
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Abortion coverage restriction bill for state workers advances
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime