MADISON, Wis. - A Republican car saleswoman isn't conceding defeat in a tight race for a state Assembly seat.
Unofficial returns from Tuesday's election showed Nancy VanderMeer trailing incumbent Democrat Amy Sue Vruwink in north-central Wisconsin's 70th Assembly District by 168 votes, raising questions about whether VanderMeer will seek a recount.
Her campaign treasurer, Gail Raddatz, said VanderMeer wants to see the results from the official canvass. Raddatz declined any further comment.
VanderMeer owns VanderMeer Motor Company in Tomah.
Vruwink, of Milladore, has represented the 70th since 2002. She said she's confident she won the race and VanderMeer won't be able to pick up 168 votes in a recount.
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- State state Senate to vote on rules, cheese plant
- Ryan on Trump differences: 'We have already agreed on our agenda'
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Ryan says he's 'on the same page' with Trump
- Position cuts, mission shift lead to scaled-back DNR