MADISON, Wis. - A Republican car saleswoman isn't conceding defeat in a tight race for a state Assembly seat.
Unofficial returns from Tuesday's election showed Nancy VanderMeer trailing incumbent Democrat Amy Sue Vruwink in north-central Wisconsin's 70th Assembly District by 168 votes, raising questions about whether VanderMeer will seek a recount.
Her campaign treasurer, Gail Raddatz, said VanderMeer wants to see the results from the official canvass. Raddatz declined any further comment.
VanderMeer owns VanderMeer Motor Company in Tomah.
Vruwink, of Milladore, has represented the 70th since 2002. She said she's confident she won the race and VanderMeer won't be able to pick up 168 votes in a recount.
- State lawmakers urging action on lead poisoning
- Dementia care funding at risk in state budget
- State lawmaker: Canada doesn't grasp urgency of milk crisis
- Superior city council member arrested following a domestic dispute, police say
- Nygren accuses fellow Republican of 'bloviating'
- Lawmakers resurrect woodchuck hunting bill