MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates Pat Roggensack and Ed Fallone are scheduled to meet for a debate a little over a week before the April 2 election.
Roggensack is seeking a second 10-year term on the state's highest court while Fallone is running his first election. The two are scheduled to meet Friday night for a debate sponsored by the state Bar Association.
While the race is officially nonpartisan, Republicans are supporting Roggensack and Democrats are backing Fallone.
Roggensack argues that her 17 years' experience as a judge make her the better candidate. Fallone is a Marquette University law professor and has never worked as a judge.
He said he brings other experience to the job and Roggensack doesn't deserve another term because the current Supreme Court is dysfunctional.
- Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Cheesehead-wearing Wisconsinite joins people from across country at inauguration
- Rep. Pocan volunteers instead of attending inauguration