MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates Pat Roggensack and Ed Fallone are scheduled to meet for a debate a little over a week before the April 2 election.
Roggensack is seeking a second 10-year term on the state's highest court while Fallone is running his first election. The two are scheduled to meet Friday night for a debate sponsored by the state Bar Association.
While the race is officially nonpartisan, Republicans are supporting Roggensack and Democrats are backing Fallone.
Roggensack argues that her 17 years' experience as a judge make her the better candidate. Fallone is a Marquette University law professor and has never worked as a judge.
He said he brings other experience to the job and Roggensack doesn't deserve another term because the current Supreme Court is dysfunctional.
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Abortion coverage restriction bill for state workers advances
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime