MADISON, Wis. - Outspoken conservative rocker Ted Nugent is hosting a rally for Tommy Thompson on Thursday in support of the former governor's run for the U.S. Senate.
Thompson's campaign announced the event in Sturtevant dubbed "Rocking Rally with Ted Nugent, American Sporting Legend, and Tommy Thompson, American Conservative Legend."
The rally comes less than three weeks before the Aug. 14 Republican primary in the Senate race.
Nugent got in trouble in April when he made provocative comments about President Barack Obama during a speech at the National Rifle Association. Nugent met with Secret Service representatives after referring to Obama's "evil, America-hating administration" and urging voters to "chop their heads off in November."
Thompson faces businessman Eric Hovde, former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann and state Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald in the GOP primary.
- Walker welfare plan includes child care changes
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Reaction mixed to Walker's welfare reforms
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Democrat Baldwin has more than $1 million in bank