MADISON, Wis. - Outspoken conservative rocker Ted Nugent is hosting a rally for Tommy Thompson on Thursday in support of the former governor's run for the U.S. Senate.
Thompson's campaign announced the event in Sturtevant dubbed "Rocking Rally with Ted Nugent, American Sporting Legend, and Tommy Thompson, American Conservative Legend."
The rally comes less than three weeks before the Aug. 14 Republican primary in the Senate race.
Nugent got in trouble in April when he made provocative comments about President Barack Obama during a speech at the National Rifle Association. Nugent met with Secret Service representatives after referring to Obama's "evil, America-hating administration" and urging voters to "chop their heads off in November."
Thompson faces businessman Eric Hovde, former U.S. Rep. Mark Neumann and state Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald in the GOP primary.
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Abortion coverage restriction bill for state workers advances