GREEN BAY, Wis. - It's football Sunday, so why not a quick stop outside the home of the Green Bay Packers before a hectic day of campaigning for Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan?
The Wisconsin congressman and his family joined up with a tailgating party across the street from Lambeau Field. Two of running mate Mitt Romney's five sons, Josh and Matt, were there along with four of Romney's grandchildren.
Ryan was wearing yellow and green striped ties and a Packers jacket. He didn't make formal remarks during the 10-minute visit and didn't go inside the stadium, where the Packers were taking on the Arizona Cardinals in the afternoon.
Ryan is heading to Ohio, Minnesota and Colorado for campaign rallies.
Last month Ryan dropped in on practice at the Cleveland Browns facility.
- Ryan on Trump differences: 'We have already agreed on our agenda'
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Ryan says he's 'on the same page' with Trump
- Position cuts, mission shift lead to scaled-back DNR
- New Orleans police chief to meet with Paul Ryan
- State DNR chief urges against breakup of her agency