MADISON, Wis. - Two Democratic state Assembly members have been re-appointed to the Legislature's powerful budget-writing committee.
Reps. Cory Mason of Racine and Jon Richards of Milwaukee will serve on the Joint Finance Committee over the next two years. Both currently are on the committee.
Democratic Minority Leader Rep. Peter Barca made the appointments.
Republicans control the Legislature and hold a 12-4 majority on the budget-writing committee.
The panel is in charge of reviewing Gov. Scott Walker's budget proposal and putting forward its own version of the plan for the full Legislature to consider.
Walker plans to introduce his budget in February.
- State lawmakers urging action on lead poisoning
- Dementia care funding at risk in state budget
- State lawmaker: Canada doesn't grasp urgency of milk crisis
- Superior city council member arrested following a domestic dispute, police say
- Nygren accuses fellow Republican of 'bloviating'
- Lawmakers resurrect woodchuck hunting bill