MADISON, Wis. - Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack has asked for a recount in his tight Democratic primary with Ernie Wittwer, a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
The two are seeking their party's nomination to run against Republican Rep. Howard Marklein for the 17th Senate District seat held by retiring Sen. Dale Schultz.
Results turned in this week by county boards of canvassers show Wittwer ahead by just seven votes.
Government Accountability Board spokesman Reid Magney said Friday that Bomhack asked for a recount. The candidate had faced a 5 p.m. Friday deadline to make the request.
- Gov. Walker administration renews self-insurance push
- State delays release of comments on Gov. Walker's Medicaid plans
- Gov. Walker defends plan to end state property tax
- Legislature to reject work requirements for parents, wants final say on drug tests
- Lawmakers reject UW tuition cut, freeze to continue
- Steineke pushes back on Walker's call for quick action on road funding