MADISON, Wis. - Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack has asked for a recount in his tight Democratic primary with Ernie Wittwer, a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
The two are seeking their party's nomination to run against Republican Rep. Howard Marklein for the 17th Senate District seat held by retiring Sen. Dale Schultz.
Results turned in this week by county boards of canvassers show Wittwer ahead by just seven votes.
Government Accountability Board spokesman Reid Magney said Friday that Bomhack asked for a recount. The candidate had faced a 5 p.m. Friday deadline to make the request.
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- State superintendent candidate sent campaign email from schools account
- Lawmaker proposes change in use of force standards
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases