MADISON, Wis. - Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack has asked for a recount in his tight Democratic primary with Ernie Wittwer, a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
The two are seeking their party's nomination to run against Republican Rep. Howard Marklein for the 17th Senate District seat held by retiring Sen. Dale Schultz.
Results turned in this week by county boards of canvassers show Wittwer ahead by just seven votes.
Government Accountability Board spokesman Reid Magney said Friday that Bomhack asked for a recount. The candidate had faced a 5 p.m. Friday deadline to make the request.
- Wisconsin Republicans celebrate in D.C. ahead of Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin's congressional delegation prepares for Trump administration
- Inauguration has special meaning for one Wisconsin resident
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Wisconsin legislators propose new gun crimes
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads