KENOSHA, Wis. - A word of advice to candidates campaigning in Wisconsin: Don't get between voters and their cheese.
Vice President Joe Biden seemed to irritate a shopper at the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha on Friday when he caused a disruption with a quick visit at the famous landmark just off Interstate 94.
As Biden cheerily greeted customers, a 30-something woman tried to explain what was happening to her young daughter.
The woman said: "This is a battleground state. They're trying to win it. I just need some Limburger cheese."
Biden was shown such delicacies as chocolate cheese and 13-year-old cheddar.
Biden commented to general manager Tyson Whermeister, "That's great, man."
- Wisconsin AG: Undercover campaign video probe still alive
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases