KENOSHA, Wis. - A word of advice to candidates campaigning in Wisconsin: Don't get between voters and their cheese.
Vice President Joe Biden seemed to irritate a shopper at the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha on Friday when he caused a disruption with a quick visit at the famous landmark just off Interstate 94.
As Biden cheerily greeted customers, a 30-something woman tried to explain what was happening to her young daughter.
The woman said: "This is a battleground state. They're trying to win it. I just need some Limburger cheese."
Biden was shown such delicacies as chocolate cheese and 13-year-old cheddar.
Biden commented to general manager Tyson Whermeister, "That's great, man."
- Wisconsin Republicans celebrate in D.C. ahead of Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin's congressional delegation prepares for Trump administration
- Inauguration has special meaning for one Wisconsin resident
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Wisconsin legislators propose new gun crimes
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads