KENOSHA, Wis. - A word of advice to candidates campaigning in Wisconsin: Don't get between voters and their cheese.
Vice President Joe Biden seemed to irritate a shopper at the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha on Friday when he caused a disruption with a quick visit at the famous landmark just off Interstate 94.
As Biden cheerily greeted customers, a 30-something woman tried to explain what was happening to her young daughter.
The woman said: "This is a battleground state. They're trying to win it. I just need some Limburger cheese."
Biden was shown such delicacies as chocolate cheese and 13-year-old cheddar.
Biden commented to general manager Tyson Whermeister, "That's great, man."
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- State superintendent candidate defends dental work
- Walker says new numbers show state's economy up
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Superintendent candidate Humphries proposes new report card
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race