MADISON, Wis. - Democratic Assembly Minority Leader Peter Barca said he is undecided on whether he will run for governor in 2014, but he had nice things to say about potential candidate Mary Burke.
Barca was asked Wednesday if he had decided on running against Republican Gov. Scott Walker. Barca said he hasn't had time to think about it, and he was waiting to see how things develop over the next few months.
He did say that former state Commerce Department Secretary Mary Burke would be a "very appealing candidate."
Burke served as Commerce Secretary for two years under Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle. She was elected to the Madison school district board last year.
She got more attention this week after Republicans complained about a telephone poll asking about a potential Burke candidacy.
- Walker welfare plan includes child care changes
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Reaction mixed to Walker's welfare reforms
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Democrat Baldwin has more than $1 million in bank