MADISON, Wis. - Democrat Tammy Baldwin and Republican Tommy Thompson have agreed to three debates before the Nov. 6 general election.
The candidates will debate Sept. 28, Oct. 18 and Oct. 26. Each of the debates will be broadcast statewide.
The first debate on Sept. 28 is sponsored by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Foundation and will be in Milwaukee.
The second debate in Wausau on Oct. 18 will be sponsored by Wisconsin Public Television, Wisconsin Public Radio, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and TMJ4.
The third and final debate will be Oct. 26 hosted by Mike Gousha from WISN-TV in partnership with the Marquette University Law School and the WISN network of affiliates.
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after former state governor
- Cigarette look-alike cigars likely to get tax increase
- Schimel: Court should stay order for new legislative maps
- Full state budget veto would be unprecedented
- 'Stealthing' bill would make nonconsensual condom removal sexual assault
- Large dairy farm developers turn to State Supreme Court