MADISON, Wis. - Democrat Tammy Baldwin and Republican Tommy Thompson have agreed to three debates before the Nov. 6 general election.
The candidates will debate Sept. 28, Oct. 18 and Oct. 26. Each of the debates will be broadcast statewide.
The first debate on Sept. 28 is sponsored by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Foundation and will be in Milwaukee.
The second debate in Wausau on Oct. 18 will be sponsored by Wisconsin Public Television, Wisconsin Public Radio, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and TMJ4.
The third and final debate will be Oct. 26 hosted by Mike Gousha from WISN-TV in partnership with the Marquette University Law School and the WISN network of affiliates.
- State superintendent candidate sent campaign email from schools account
- Lawmaker proposes change in use of force standards
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Gov. Walker calls for more states' rights under Trump
- Lawmakers consider self-driving cars, hear testimony from Uber, GM