(CNN) -- Officials in Caroline County, Virginia, said Friday they were taken off guard by the news that Boston Marathon bombings suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was buried in a cemetery there. The chairman of the county's board of supervisors, Floyd W. Thomas, said that he can't confirm that Tsarnaev is buried in the county. "The county was not consulted. ... The county did not provide any permission for this to happen," Thomas said, adding later that it's not standard practice for anyone to consult the county government before burials. If no laws were broken, "there is very little the county can do in this instance," he said.
Local and Regional News
- Squad car struck while helping vehicle in ditch
- Bill would require warrant for tracking cellphones
- Snow causes crashes; snow emergency declared
- Small community mourns deaths of elderly couple
- Assembly committee to release Common Core report
- High schooler wins state park sticker contest
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Sen. Vinehout involved in multi-car crash on I-94
- 1 dead, 3 injured in Dodge Co. crash, officials say
- Snow causes treacherous driving in S Wis.