House Republicans passed a bill establishing so-called "STEM" visas last fall, but it was largely opposed by Democrats because it canceled another visa program.
Local and Regional News
- Five percent of Wis. bridges "functionally obsolete"
- Bicyclist hit and killed by vehicle at Mineral Point Road and Yellowstone Drive
- Jurors deliberate in raw milk trial
- Gov. Walker dismisses rent to own defeat.
- Wis. Rep. Paul Ryan to write book
- Heavy traffic expected to kick off Memorial Day weekend
- Man charged in 2008 Wisconsin Rapids death
- Teens arrested after throwing water balloons at vehicles
- Man convicted of killing mother sentenced to life in prison
- Madison-area economic development partnership announces new plan