MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin State Patrol arrested a Prairie du Sac man Friday evening on charges of operating a vehicle under the influence and traveling 126 mph in a 65-mph zone.
Mitchell L. Stafford, 29, was stopped on Highway 151 and County Highway YD, in Iowa County at about 5 p.m. Friday, patrol said.
According to the report, the OWI charge is listed as his first offense.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK