MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was injured in a fight over a woman at an east Madison bar early Monday, police said.
The Madison Police Department said a 33-year-old and another man had been arguing over a woman when things got physical at about 1:30 a.m. inside the Jade Monkey at 109 Cottage Grove Road.
Witnesses told police the victim collapsed after he was struck with the bottle, and that the suspect continued punching him while both men were on the floor, which was covered with shattered glass.
A bartender was cut while helping pull the men apart.
The suspect fled as police were called. The 33-year-old required numerous sutures to close wounds, including a couple cuts to tendons and nerves. He and the suspect know each other, police said.
Police said the suspect has yet to be located.
- Judge orders Wisconsin man in prison 27 years on rape conviction be released
- State Supreme Court continues deliberations behind doors
- Therapy Goldendoodle brings stress relief to Appleton officers
- Golf pros can sue city of Madison for termination
- Family of murdered woman makes plea for info on 10-year anniversary of disappearance
- Expert testifies against use of pepper spray at youth prison