MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was taken to a hospital early Wednesday morning after being punched in the face by her landlord, Madison police said.
Madison police said the incident happened at a home off Mount Vernon Court on the city's west side.
Karl Williams, 46, said he'd been having ongoing issues with the 49-year-old woman renting a room in his home and that he hit her only after she slapped and swung at him, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said the woman had a tooth knocked out during the fight.
Police said they arrested Williams on a charge of substantial battery.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet