MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was taken to a hospital early Wednesday morning after being punched in the face by her landlord, Madison police said.
Madison police said the incident happened at a home off Mount Vernon Court on the city's west side.
Karl Williams, 46, said he'd been having ongoing issues with the 49-year-old woman renting a room in his home and that he hit her only after she slapped and swung at him, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said the woman had a tooth knocked out during the fight.
Police said they arrested Williams on a charge of substantial battery.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement