WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Wisconsin Dells police seized nearly $60,000 worth of fake marijuana from a cigar shop last Friday.
Accord to a statement, the Wisconsin Dell Police Department searched the Loon Lake Cigar Shop to find more than 13 pounds of an herbal substance that claims to mimic the effects of marijuana.
The investigation stemmed from two state laws prohibiting fraudulent drug advertisement and abuse of a hazardous substance.
Other drug paraphernalia items were seized from the shop, including metal and glass smoking pipes.
Shop owner Randy Martin of Rio may face charges of possession with intent to distribute a hazardous substance and fraudulent drug advertisement, pending decisions by the Columbia County District Attorney's office, the statement said.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers