JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police have arrested a man suspected of stealing a police squad car Tuesday night.
The incident happened during a traffic stop just before 8:15 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Milton and Blaine avenues.
Rock County 911 Center dispatchers said the suspect was one of several people in the vehicle.
Authorities said the man got out, stole the squad car, then ditched the car a few blocks away on Lexington Drive.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel 3000 for continuing coverage.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say