JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police have arrested a man suspected of stealing a police squad car Tuesday night.
The incident happened during a traffic stop just before 8:15 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Milton and Blaine avenues.
Rock County 911 Center dispatchers said the suspect was one of several people in the vehicle.
Authorities said the man got out, stole the squad car, then ditched the car a few blocks away on Lexington Drive.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel 3000 for continuing coverage.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter