MADISON, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested early Saturday morning for hitting two men who were speaking Hebrew in the 200 block of North Henry Street.
Dylan T. Grall, 23, punched the two men around 2:19 a.m. when he heard them speaking Hebrew, police said. Grall swore at the men and demanded they speak English.
Officials said both men were hit in the face; one fell to the ground and the other had an eye that was nearly swollen shut.
Grall denied hitting the two men but admitted to telling them to speak English, according to a release. Grall told police he thought the men were speaking Spanish. A witness said Grall did attack the two other men.
Grall was arrested on two charges of battery with a hate crime enhancer.Madison crime map
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need