MADISON, Wis. - A 51-year-old man was struck and injured while trying to cross Verona Road at Atticus Way Friday night.
The man was taken to a hospital with a broken leg and other injuries, according to police.
Witnesses told police the man was in a crossway but that traffic on Verona Road had a green light at the time he was struck.
The southbound driver didn't see the pedestrian, according to police.
The driver was not cited.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street