MADISON, Wis. - A 31-year-old man was taken to the hospital after he was struck crossing East Washington Avenue against the light late Monday evening, according to Madison police.
The incident happened near the corner of East Washington Avenue and Marquette Street around 10:30 p.m. Monday.
According to police, the driver was going inbound on East Washington and drove through a green light when she noticed a pedestrian immediately in front of her in the center lane of traffic.
Police said the driver was unable to avoid the pedestrian and hit him. The driver stopped immediately and called 911. She has been cooperating with police on the investigation.
Police said the pedestrian was taken to an area hospital, and was talking and answering questions on the way.
- Worker injured in cheese plant explosion, fire
- Former Wisconsin prisons secretary penning tell-all book2
- PD: Man arrested in connection with gunfire that had bystanders taking cover
- Man stopped for speeding faces 5th OWI, deputies say
- Racine mayor vetoes funding for $55 million events center
- Hunters' gunshots near Verona schools prompt soft lockdown, police say