If you are a fan of cookie dough, you will LOVE these truffles.
Julie Wesson from Wilton, Wis., shared this recipe with us. It is a real winner.
1/2 cup butter, room temperature 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1-3/4 cups flour 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened fat-free condensed milk 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract 1 cup (6 ounces) mini chocolate chips
Coating 2 packages (12 ounces each) regular or mini chocolate chips 2 tablespoons shortening
In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with an electric mixer until very smooth. Add flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place balls on a tray and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour or until firm.
For the coating, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a non-stick skillet over the very lowest heat. Dip the chilled balls into the chocolate and let the excess drip off. Place on baking sheets and chill.
Make 75 balls
Nutritional Information per ball:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 13 Cholesterol, mg.: 3 Fiber, gm.: 0.8
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas