If you are a fan of cookie dough, you will LOVE these truffles.
Julie Wesson from Wilton, Wis., shared this recipe with us. It is a real winner.
1/2 cup butter, room temperature 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1-3/4 cups flour 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened fat-free condensed milk 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract 1 cup (6 ounces) mini chocolate chips
Coating 2 packages (12 ounces each) regular or mini chocolate chips 2 tablespoons shortening
In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with an electric mixer until very smooth. Add flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place balls on a tray and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour or until firm.
For the coating, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a non-stick skillet over the very lowest heat. Dip the chilled balls into the chocolate and let the excess drip off. Place on baking sheets and chill.
Make 75 balls
Nutritional Information per ball:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 13 Cholesterol, mg.: 3 Fiber, gm.: 0.8
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later