MONONA, Wis. - One dog was killed, and another dog and a woman were injured Thursday afternoon in a dog attack in Monona, police said.
Monona police were sent around 3:20 p.m. to the 800 block of Nichols Road for a report of a woman and two dogs that had been attacked by another dog, according to a release.
The woman was taken to a hospital for injuries to her arm, police said. The two dogs were taken to local veterinary clinics. One dog suffered leg injuries and the other dog died as a result of the attack.
The suspect dog was a shelter dog being fostered from a local pet rescue organization, according to the release.
Dane County Animal Control assisted in the investigation, officials said. The dog has been removed from the foster home.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK