MONONA, Wis. - One dog was killed, and another dog and a woman were injured Thursday afternoon in a dog attack in Monona, police said.
Monona police were sent around 3:20 p.m. to the 800 block of Nichols Road for a report of a woman and two dogs that had been attacked by another dog, according to a release.
The woman was taken to a hospital for injuries to her arm, police said. The two dogs were taken to local veterinary clinics. One dog suffered leg injuries and the other dog died as a result of the attack.
The suspect dog was a shelter dog being fostered from a local pet rescue organization, according to the release.
Dane County Animal Control assisted in the investigation, officials said. The dog has been removed from the foster home.
Gas leak prompts evacuation of several homes in south side neighborhood
Traffic grant results in 4th OWI arrest, short pursuit
- Gas leak prompts evacuation of several homes in south side neighborhood
- Traffic grant results in 4th OWI arrest, short pursuit
- PD: Loaded handgun stolen from vehicle on east side
- 4-year-old killed by horse-drawn wagon, officials say
- Wisconsin woman gets video of bald eagle killing deer fawn
- Police: 23-year-old motorcyclist significantly injured in collision with impaired driver