MONONA, Wis. - One dog was killed, and another dog and a woman were injured Thursday afternoon in a dog attack in Monona, police said.
Monona police were sent around 3:20 p.m. to the 800 block of Nichols Road for a report of a woman and two dogs that had been attacked by another dog, according to a release.
The woman was taken to a hospital for injuries to her arm, police said. The two dogs were taken to local veterinary clinics. One dog suffered leg injuries and the other dog died as a result of the attack.
The suspect dog was a shelter dog being fostered from a local pet rescue organization, according to the release.
Dane County Animal Control assisted in the investigation, officials said. The dog has been removed from the foster home.
- Fitchburg to launch rideshare service
- Red Cross: multiple people displaced in Juneau County fire
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0