MADISON, Wis. - Portions of Gorham Street will close next week as crews prepare to resurface the road, city officials said.
Starting Monday, Gorham Street will be reduced to one lane between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. between North Butler and State streets to prepare for asphalt resurfacing. The closures are expected to last through Friday.
On Saturday, May 20, crews will close Gorham Street between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. to lay asphalt. City officials said cross traffic may also be restricted while the asphalt cools.
- Hunters take nearly 12 percent fewer deer on opening weekend
- Police arrest man suspected of threatening his ex-girlfriend while out on bail
- Police: Grinches steal Christmas tree installed near State Street
- Essentia fires about 50 workers for refusing to get flu shot
- Impaired driver nearly hits semi, takes out stoplight, drives wrong way on Beltline
- MFD warns people to beware calls claiming to be 'fire department'