We have to consider a two-hour event focused on women in business to be both fortunately smart and unfortunately necessary.
Suffice to say biases, barriers and glass ceilings exist still. But the Women in Business Event SVA is presenting on Tuesday, and that WISC-TV and Madison Magazine are sponsoring, is all about learning from successful women in business, connecting, engaging and sharing ideas. And we are happy to be partners.
It’s not that Madison doesn’t have extraordinary examples of successful business-women, we have some of the most extraordinary in the world.
But only by making sure every woman who wants to is able to start and grow a business here can we become the economically powerful region we envision.
And so we’re pleased SVA is joining the Doyenne Group, Sabrina Madison, Wisconsin Women Entrepreneurs and others in supporting women in every aspect of business. Go to SVA.com/women to see if there are any seats still available.
- Subject of 10-day manhunt, Joseph Jakubowski, headed to trial in October
- New ‘Loan Ranger' book bike takes the library to the streets this summer
- Warrant: Sun Prairie homicide victim fired first shot
- Man ordered released from prison after 27 years remains in Dane County jail
- Former Giving Tree owner: 'I plan to make this right'
- Driver rescued after van gets stuck in Green Bay drawbridge