The name Gilda’s Club is from late actress Gilda Radner’s famous quote that “having cancer gave me membership in an elite club I’d rather not belong to.”
And no one wants to belong to that club obviously, but a club of support for people living with cancer and their families, a place where people can connect and share and know they are cared for? That’s a club worthy of membership.
Gilda’s Club is that place and Friday is Gilda’s Club’s 8th Annual Backyard BBQ raising funds to provide emotional support for children and teens affected by cancer, the countless number of us who have lost a loved one to cancer, and men dealing with a diagnosis of prostate cancer.
It’s a summer celebration for cancer support and WISC has been a supporter of Gilda’s Club’s work since its inception here. You can get more information at www.GildasClubMadison.org.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes