It is an honorable tradition, a necessary and effective symbol of the fight for civil rights of all kinds for many different people. It is one of the most powerful images of the black civil rights movement in the 60s. It is a march. And it is time to march again.
WISC-TV is partnering with 20 or more community businesses, organizations and institutions in support of Club TNT’s Stop the Violence, Save Our Children Parade this Saturday.
CLUB TNT founders and senior producers Betty Banks and Gaddi Ben Dan have organized the march to show a unified community responding positively to recent gun violence in Madison and to show children especially that they will be protected and cared for.
Significantly the Madison Community Foundation is doing a great job promoting the event. And we are proud to be part of it. It starts at Good Shepard Church on Raymond Road Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
- Enbridge Line 3 pipeline debate to have public hearings
- In Wisconsin, GOP pushes to terminate sulfide mining moratorium
- Two children die in Milwaukee house fire Sunday morning
- Man arrested for fourth OWI after almost crashing into a building
- Motorcyclists injured in Dodge County hit-and-run
- World athletes compete in World Cup Waterloo cyclo-cross event