This week’s Isthmus weekly newspaper is out and with it the Spring Election’s Candidates’ Answers guide produced by the League of Women Voters of Dane County.
Our editorial agenda item is really about the work of citizens other than voting in solving shared problems. But voting too is the work of citizens as is preparing to vote. And for that the League’s publication is invaluable.
We always point out that some candidates do not reply to the League’s invitation.
Superintendent of Public Instruction candidate Lowell Holtz of all people was one of several candidates in contested races who did not reply. Why vote for someone who can’t be bothered to answer questions?
A more positive example is Ali Muldrow who took out a full page in Isthmus to give her answers and explain the email glitch that caused her to miss the League’s deadline.
Do the work, consider the answers and prepare to vote in April.
- 'Curl for a Cure' raises money for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- MPD's 'Good Neighbor Project' aims to redefine neighborhood watch
- Man sought in armed robbery arrested
- Heid Music contributes to local school music programs
- Janesville police seek man, woman in two Walmart theft cases
- Vigil for 4 central Wisconsin shooting victims to be held Sunday