The water, the breathtaking amount of water, is hard to get one's head around. The emotions on the faces of the victims of Hurricane Harvey, the worry, the fear, the exhaustion are not. And it is all heartbreaking.
We move quickly with the outpouring of support that has been sent and continues to move toward Texas. Certainly Michael Johnson and the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County's collection of cleaning supplies, hygiene products and cash is a terrific example of stepping up to support victims of the flooding.
American Family Insurance and NFL star and University of Wisconsin-Madison alum J.J. Watt are helping the Boys and Girls Club's efforts. There are many more grassroots efforts across the country.
Journalists, including former WISC-TV reporters Michelle Li and Maria Guerrero, have gone to Houston to help colleagues there.
Wisconsin generator manufacturers are stepping up production and delivery.
This is when America is at its best, helping each other, and Madison and Wisconsin are doing their part.
- Fire on Johnson Street causes $10,000 worth of damage, officials say
- Evansville school staff to discuss security with police after attempted stabbing
- Driver in fatal crash arrested for 3rd OWI in 8 days
- Madison could be home to Amazon's new headquarters
- Badgers to open 2018 football season with a Friday night game
- Murder defendant convicted after skipping trial