MADISON, Wis. - There is much about the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault allegations to which we must respond...as a society. Our first response is this: that's exactly what we're talking about.
The culture that enables an alleged serial rapist...and we have to say alleged until legally proven guilty...to avoid the consequences of his actions is precisely what we had in mind when we put men taking responsibility for sexual assault on our editorial agenda. Weinstein got away with it at least in part due to a reluctance to either recognize it for what it was or to call it what it was: sexual assault. The Hollywood environment in which it all occurred only emphasizes the point all the more.
Finally, people are speaking out, including men. There can't be enough for us.
- Fire on Johnson Street causes $10,000 worth of damage, officials say
- Evansville school staff to discuss security with police after attempted stabbing
- Driver in fatal crash arrested for 3rd OWI in 8 days
- Madison could be home to Amazon's new headquarters
- Badgers to open 2018 football season with a Friday night game
- Murder defendant convicted after skipping trial