MADISON, Wis. - Boy, we love it when proponents of higher education work collaboratively. We love it when Madison College and Edgewood College and UW-Madison complement each other's missions.
We love it when these great institutions work with area businesses. And we loved it this week when Great Lakes Higher Education Corp. stepped up with grants that could amount to $10 million to accelerate construction of Madison College's South Campus.
First of all, it's a remarkable display of generosity and good corporate citizenship by Great Lakes, which has an enviable philanthropic profile already. But it's also exciting that Madison College will be able to expand and serve South Madison and Southern Dane County students as quickly as possible, providing badly needed new spaces for learning, student services, community-based organizations and more.
On the heels of generous gifts from the Goodman Foundation and American Family, Great Lakes Higher Ed. Corp.'s grants are a real boost to higher education here.
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- UW professor explains impact of potential net neutrality rollback
- Travelers coming through Wisconsin receive tasty treat
- Family of five displaced after fire in west Madison
- Hunter shot in leg during deer drive in eastern Wisconsin
- Hotel incident that led to robbery, gunfire started as prostitution meeting, police say