MADISON, Wis. - In the midst of a surprising and strange and perhaps eventually healthy debate over the role of media in our nation and our world it may be counter-intuitive to throw a party.
But when you are a respected and valued community radio station that is growing in size and service to its community a party is warranted.
This Saturday the Sun Prairie Media Center, home of cable TV channels KSUN and KIDS-4, will celebrate the second anniversary of 103.5 The Sun Community Radio. "Really" you're asking?
Look, WISC-TV strives to cover and tell stories important to all citizens of South Central Wisconsin. But community media are really our partners in that. Small cable and radio stations like those at the Sun Prairie Media Center, and hundreds and hundreds more like them across America are part of the heart of those communities, their town halls. We need them. And we congratulate director Jeff Robbins and everyone involved for all they do.
- Missing Adams County woman last seen Wednesday morning
- Lake Geneva couple steps up to keep Walworth County Food Pantry open
- State: Fire sprinkler rule unenforceable
- Judge rules no release for Racine man who killed neighbor
- Reminders of the Civil War in Wisconsin
- Beloit Fire Department could lose three firefighters after federal grant ends