MADISON, Wis. - This Saturday is 100 Black Men of Madison’s annual Back to School celebration at Madison College’s Wright Street campus where new backpacks filled with school supplies will be given to all students who attend.
A parent must accompany the student receiving the backpack but all Dane County K-12 students are invited and encouraged to come out Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. Lunch will be served and there’ll be entertainment and educational experiences.
It’s a great start to the school year and a boost and shot of confidence for our kids.
And it’s a great example of the extraordinary contributions of 100 Black Men of Madison, which earlier this summer was given the highest honor bestowed by 100 Black Men of America, the Pinnacle Chapter of the Year Award.
Over the last 22 years 100 Black Men of Madison and some 34 partner organizations have provided more than 32,000 backpacks. And for that we want to say thank you.
- Shots fired in east Madison after argument
- Report: Milwaukee County mom drugs slushy, rapes 10-year-old boy
- Madison man arrested for sixth OWI
- Local businesses say Clinton police have ‘harassment type mentality'
- Brodhead police search for man who reportedly threatened to bring gun to work
- Organizers, participants look forward to marathon despite weather concerns