SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Two men were killed Friday afternoon in an airplane crash in a field near the Sheboygan County Memorial Airport.
The Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office said the small, single-engine plane went down at N6217 Willow Road in Sheboygan Falls at 12:30 p.m.
The victims have been identified as 67-year-old Dennis D. Hall, of McHenry, Illinois, and 19-year-old Philip J. Smecko, of Janesville, according to the Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said the cause of the crash is still unknown. Sheriff's officials said the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating with the sheriff's department.
- Car hits tree, bursts in flames in fatal crash, officials say
- Resident puts out curtain fire with pitcher of water, officials say
- Cognitively impaired man injured in break-in, police say
- Police use pepper spray to break up large downtown disturbance
- Troopers see spike in crashes at I-39/90 construction zone
- Consumer Reports: Kids should get between 9-12 hours of sleep