(CNN) - Outgoing President Barack Obama used his farewell address to praise his two daughters as his proudest achievement -- but one was missing.
First Lady Michelle Obama put her arm around Malia as the president spoke.
"Malia," Obama said, gesturing to his eldest daughter, "...and Sasha, under the strangest of circumstances, you have become two amazing young women.
"You are smart and you are beautiful but more importantly, you are kind and you are thoughtful -- and you are full of passion. And bore the burden of years in the spotlight so easily.
"Of all that I have done in my life, I am most proud to be your dad."
Meantime the Internet began searching for absent Sasha, using the hashtag #whereissasha.
A senior administration official says Sasha missed the speech because she has an exam in the morning.
Sasha, 15, is a sophomore at the DC school, Sidwell Friends.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter