WISC-TV and News 3 and our viewers are taking part in Build a Better Community Day.
In December WISC-TV and News 3 raised $15,505 for the Goodman Community Center at the first Build a Better Community Day.
WISC-TV is holding a Build a Better Community Day for Access to Independence on Aug. 5.
To nominate a community organization to be the focus of a Build a Better Community Day, fill out this form.
What is Build a Better Community Day?
WISC-TV, News 3 and Channel 3000 have a long tradition of highlighting the positive work being done in southern Wisconsin to make this a better place to live. There are thousands of non-profits doing wonderful things to improve the lives of all of us. Many of those organizations need your support to continue their important work. For one day, we help raise money and community awareness for a non-profit organization through TV reports and online and social media coverage.
How can I nominate a worthy organization?
Simply fill out the form provided below. Briefly tell us why the organization you are nominating is deserving of this attention and media coverage and how it will help our community.
How you will pick the next non-profit group to focus on?
A team of people at WISC-TV will sort through the nominations and choose a non-profit based on the need within the organization and in the community, the impact it has on the community and the number of people it affects.
- Teacher and student kidney transplant set for Wednesday
- Listeria may pose greater risk of early miscarriage, UW researchers say
- Smoking materials cause car fire in downtown Madison, fire officials say
- Complaint: State trooper faces child-porn charges
- 2 men steal woman's purse from her hands, officials say
- Beaver Dam man sentenced for threatening police officers