Milwaukee, WI - MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Jamil Wilson tied his career-high with 19 points and Chris Otule added a season-high 16 to help No. 22 Marquette beat No. 21 Notre Dame 72-64 on Saturday, the Golden Eagles' 25th consecutive home win.
Wilson scored 17 points in the second half, including seven down the stretch, for the Golden Eagles (21-7, 12-4 Big East). His two free throws were the final points in the game.
Jerian Grant scored 21 points and Eric Atkins added 16 for Notre Dame (22-7, 10-6).
The Golden Eagles' home streak is the second-longest active streak in the nation. South Dakota State's 30-game run was the best coming into Saturday's action. The Golden Eagles are 16-0 at home in 2012-13.
The Irish rallied from a 16-point deficit in the first half while the Golden Eagles went 5 minutes without a field goal. Zach Auguste's dunk pulled Notre Dame within 59-51 with 4:36 left.
Wilson's three-point play kept the Irish from getting any closer.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement