MEDFORD, Wis. - A woman accused of trying to kill four of her six children remains in the Taylor County jail on a $200,000 cash bond.
Thirty-seven-year-old Heidi Mann appeared in court Monday. Sheriff's authorities say Mann attempted to kill the four children by carbon monoxide asphyxiation.
The children are ages 3, 5, 8 and 11. Sheriff Bruce Daniels says the children are physically OK and are being cared for by family members. Daniels says sheriff's officials are recommending charges of attempted homicide.
The arrest stemmed from a March 8 incident at the family's home in the Village of Rib Lake. Daniels says his department learned of the incident last week. The sheriff says he couldn't provide any further details because the investigation is ongoing.
Mann is due back in court June 25.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'