MEDFORD, Wis. - A woman accused of trying to kill four of her six children remains in the Taylor County jail on a $200,000 cash bond.
Thirty-seven-year-old Heidi Mann appeared in court Monday. Sheriff's authorities say Mann attempted to kill the four children by carbon monoxide asphyxiation.
The children are ages 3, 5, 8 and 11. Sheriff Bruce Daniels says the children are physically OK and are being cared for by family members. Daniels says sheriff's officials are recommending charges of attempted homicide.
The arrest stemmed from a March 8 incident at the family's home in the Village of Rib Lake. Daniels says his department learned of the incident last week. The sheriff says he couldn't provide any further details because the investigation is ongoing.
Mann is due back in court June 25.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls