MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker is touring flood damage in southwestern Wisconsin where hundreds of homes have been damaged by heavy rain.
Walker is taking a driving tour of flooded areas in and around Boscobel with Wisconsin Emergency Management and local officials Wednesday afternoon.
The National Weather Service said that since Friday, Boscobel has received more than a foot of rain. Storms with heavy rain continued to pound south central Wisconsin Wednesday, closing roads, stranding cars and flooding basements.
Forecasters say 2 to 4 inches of rain fell early Wednesday from Sun Prairie to Sauk City, closing Highway 23 in Loganville.
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture