MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker is touring flood damage in southwestern Wisconsin where hundreds of homes have been damaged by heavy rain.
Walker is taking a driving tour of flooded areas in and around Boscobel with Wisconsin Emergency Management and local officials Wednesday afternoon.
The National Weather Service said that since Friday, Boscobel has received more than a foot of rain. Storms with heavy rain continued to pound south central Wisconsin Wednesday, closing roads, stranding cars and flooding basements.
Forecasters say 2 to 4 inches of rain fell early Wednesday from Sun Prairie to Sauk City, closing Highway 23 in Loganville.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash