MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker is touring flood damage in southwestern Wisconsin where hundreds of homes have been damaged by heavy rain.
Walker is taking a driving tour of flooded areas in and around Boscobel with Wisconsin Emergency Management and local officials Wednesday afternoon.
The National Weather Service said that since Friday, Boscobel has received more than a foot of rain. Storms with heavy rain continued to pound south central Wisconsin Wednesday, closing roads, stranding cars and flooding basements.
Forecasters say 2 to 4 inches of rain fell early Wednesday from Sun Prairie to Sauk City, closing Highway 23 in Loganville.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer