MADISON, Wis. - An East side staple in Madison's food scene is saying goodbye this weekend. Residents came out to celebrate with New Orleans Take-Out owner John Roussos with one last take-out meal Saturday.
Roussos developed his passion for cooking Cajun-style foods in Louisiana and opened his New Orleans Take-Out restaurant in 1985. He says his restaurant has been the only place to get good New Orleans food outside of the Big Easy itself. But after 32 years, he is ready for retirement.
Dozens of volunteers came out to help serve food throughout the day, making it clear this restaurant will be missed.
Roussos will retire in Cape May, New Jersey, taking some time to relax on the beach.
- Authorities investigating workplace death in Milwaukee
- Young Packers fans share well-wishes for Aaron Rodgers
- Consumer Reports: Digital overshare -- putting your child at risk
- Social media #MeToo sparks conversation on sexual assault
- Is 'America's Dairyland' license plate hurting Wisconsin's image?
- Swastikas found scratched into 20 new vehicles, police say