A Madison teenager is accused of stealing a package from an east Madison porch Tuesday afternoon.
Madison police said a neighbor contacted the department at 4:21 p.m. to report witnessing "porch pirating" taking place at a nearby Waubesa Street home.
The caller saw a young man take a package that had just been delivered and was able to provide a good description, according to the report. An officer spotted a man matching the description who was walking on North Marquette Street.
Police said he was in possession of a brand new cellphone, worth more than $400, that had been in the package stolen from the porch.
Police arrested 19-year-old Samuel F. Spencer on suspicion of theft, obstructing and felony bail jumping.
- VA police officer sentenced for taking medications
- Silver Alert issued for Delavan man with medical condition
- Madison firefighters get cat out of tree
- Court says Wisconsin Bell discriminated against worker
- Wallet snatched from 70-year-old woman, police say
- Man banned from library found with knife, police say