MADISON, Wis. - Two streets on Madison's near west side will be closed for several weeks beginning Monday.
City engineering officials said University Avenue will be closed at Grand Avenue May 15-26 while crews install new storm sewers, water mains, curbs and gutters and pavement on Grand Avenue. Local traffic will still be allowed through the area.
Also Monday, crews will close South Breese Terrace between Regent and Monroe streets as crews install underground utilities. The closure is scheduled to last approximately three weeks, officials said.
The Southwest Commuter Path will remain open during the closure.
- Consumer Reports: Best online services to print holiday photos
- 1 person injured, house leveled by explosion near Lodi, official says
- Deforest police hand out turkeys instead of tickets during routine traffic stops
- Business owner calls for action after months of waiting for charges from DA
- Police arrest man suspected of threatening his ex-girlfriend while out on bail in Georgia
- Hunters take nearly 12 percent fewer deer on opening weekend