Name of victim in Cross Plains suspected carbon monoxide death
Police: Leak happened in single-family home Saturday
A man died Saturday after authorities were called for a reported gas leak, according to a release.
Ralph Runk, 74, of Cross Plains, died in his residence in the 2700 block of Pleasant View Lane around 6 p.m., according to the release.
Preliminary autopsy results indicate Runk died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the release.
Madison Gas & Electric shut off the gas at the single-family home. The company reported the situation was stabilized at around 7:30 p.m.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.