MONTELLO, Wis. - A Montello man was charged Friday for repeated sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl.
The assault happened repeatedly between June and December of 2015. The victim said Shawn A. Berg, 42, made sexual contact with her almost weekly throughout the summer of 2015. She said Berg touched her inappropriately and made sexual contact with her several times.
According to a criminal complaint, Berg admitted to touching the victim inappropriately on five occasions.
Berg was sentenced to 30 years in the Wisconsin Prison System, with 15 years of confinement followed by 15 years under extended supervision.
He has been ordered to register and maintain compliance with the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry.
- Red Cross: multiple people displaced in Juneau County fire
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0
- Deputies: Town of Middleton fire causes $300K in damage