LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Alorica, Inc., formerly Expert Global Solutions (EGS) and APAC Customer Service in La Crosse, plans to lay off 137 people.
In a letter to the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, the company says the layoffs will take effect on May 26th, 2017 and are expected to be permanent.
The company said the layoffs are the result of a strategic business decision.
Alorica's location in La Crosse is a customer service call center.
The company released the following statement to News 8:
"While decisions to consolidate are never easy, we are transferring these 137 positions in La Crosse to our other U.S.-based offices where employees serve the same client. By bringing more people together who work for the same client, team members will benefit from greater engagement with each other during training and share best practices more frequently."
- Special coverage: Experts answer Equifax hack questions
- Bill Gates sorry about control-alt-delete
- Fed will finally wind down historic rescue program
- CVS boosts campaign against tobacco at colleges
- Senate intelligence chairman plans public hearing on Facebook next month
- Opening date of new job center is delayed due to few bids