LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Alorica, Inc., formerly Expert Global Solutions (EGS) and APAC Customer Service in La Crosse, plans to lay off 137 people.
In a letter to the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, the company says the layoffs will take effect on May 26th, 2017 and are expected to be permanent.
The company said the layoffs are the result of a strategic business decision.
Alorica's location in La Crosse is a customer service call center.
The company released the following statement to News 8:
"While decisions to consolidate are never easy, we are transferring these 137 positions in La Crosse to our other U.S.-based offices where employees serve the same client. By bringing more people together who work for the same client, team members will benefit from greater engagement with each other during training and share best practices more frequently."
- New study casts doubt on the benefit of Seattle's $15 minimum wage
- 22 million fewer Americans insured under Senate GOP bill
- Business leaders raise concerns on highway tolling
- The music may be over for Pandora's CEO
- What Serena Williams wants you to know about domestic violence
- How much is the Great Barrier Reef worth?